- Our supplier certification program identifies companies with environmental goals similar to ours.
- Our Wilsonart® laminate offerings are GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified.
- All of our Terratex® fabrics contain 100% recycled materials and can contribute points toward LEED™ certification.
- Our particle board suppliers use recycled content from post-consumer waste and post-industrial sources.
- Our products utilize steel that contains post-consumer materials and is recyclable.
- Our products utilize aluminum that contains post-consumer materials and is recyclable.
- Our packaging materials contain post-consumer materials and are recyclable.
- Maxon’s waste-reduction efforts extend to the paint we use on our products.
- Our powder coat finishes are applied in a special chamber that continuously collects unused paint particles and loops them back into an electrostatic spray gun.
- Paint particles that remain at the end of each project are saved and combined with other paint particle colors to create black paint.
- Our bulk packing option consumes fewer raw materials and decreases the amount of shipping materials our customers must recycle or send to landfills.
- Reducing cartoning also reduces greenhouse gas emissions by decreasing the number of trucks needed to deliver Maxon product.
- Our outbound load planning system combines product shipments to geographical areas to reduce fuel consumption and CO2 emissions of the trucking companies.
Maxon also wants to encourage future recycling. In order to keep our furniture out of landfills at the end of its lifetime, we have supplied disassembly instructions for Empower, Parallel and Surpass. The composition of all parts is identified to help recycle the old materials into new.
2012 Disassembly Instructions: Empower
2012 Disassembly Instructions: Parallel
2012 Disassembly Instructions: Surpass
US EPA Recycling Contacts by Region